Mercedes-Benz Wiper Blade Replacement in Riverside
Time for a new set of windshield wipers? If so, visit our service and parts center for a Mercedes-Benz wiper blade replacement. Our team will help you select the correct wiper blades for your Mercedes-Benz model. We will also install them for you if you’d like assistance. Contact Walter’s Mercedes-Benz of Riverside for all of your windshield-related needs.
Visibility is essential when behind the wheel, which is why your wiper blades are so important. Between the dirt, dust, and the occasional rain your windshield wipers get more use than you may realize. If you’ve turned them on and been left with undesirable results, now would be a good time to visit us, your local Mercedes-Benz dealership in Riverside, for a Mercedes-Benz wiper blade replacement.
How Long Do Mercedes-Benz Windshield Wipers Last?
Most windshield wiper blades need to be replaced about every six months, or sooner if you experience extreme temperatures. Harsh weather can also wear down windshield wiper blades further, reducing their effectiveness. It can be hard to keep track of the last time you replaced them, but Mercedes-Benz has your back! There is a maintenance indicator located on the tip of the wiper blade arm that will actually inform you when its time to replace them. This small dot will change color from black to yellow to signal its time to get new ones. As an added benefit of choosing Mercedes-Benz, their windshield wipers also last up to 800,000 more wiping cycles than economy wiper blades!
When Should You Replace Your Mercedes-Benz Windshield Wiper Blades?
In addition to the six-month rule, our team recommends replacing your wiper blades as soon as you notice any of the following warning signs:
- Streaking: Your windshield wiper blades may not properly grip the front glass if they’re heavily worn or torn. This can lead to streaking and other residue left behind from your wipers. Take care to schedule a service appointment at Walter’s Mercedes-Benz of Riverside today and upgrade to a new pair of wiper blades if you’re having trouble clearing your windshield!
- Splitting: Neglecting routine windshield wiper blade replacements can lead to them cracking and splitting into sections. Your wiper blades may even make a slapping sound when activated and could potentially damager your windshield.
- Chattering: Hearing odd sounds? Are there sections of your windshield that your wiper blades are missing? If so, it’s a sign that your blades are not making enough contact with the front glass and should be replaced as soon as possible to ensure proper visibility behind the wheel.
What Are The Benefits of Using Genuine Mercedes-Benz Wiper Blades?
It’s important to periodically change your windshield wipers for optimum performance–just be sure you’re using genuine Mercedes-Benz wiper blades when replacing them. Windshield wiper blades made by Mercedes-Benz are designed to provide up to 800,000 more wiping cycles than the competition and will keep your view of the road clear longer. Genuine Mercedes-Benz wiper blades also have a better fit and are made to conform to the exact contour of your particular Mercedes-Benz vehicle’s windshield. Aftermarket brands simply do not perform as well as their original counterparts and will produce less than desirable results, like streaking or chattering.
Don’t Forget to Top Off the Wiper Fluid
Without wiper fluid it can be difficult to clean your windshield, even with the best wiper blades. So here’s how to check current fluid levels and top off the reservoir if necessary. (Before your start, you’ll need replacement windshield washer fluid and a funnel.)
- Before you begin, make sure your vehicle is turned off
- Locate the hood release level and pull it
- Under the center part of the hood, discharge the latch and lift up the hood
- Open the wiper fluid and set it on the ground along with the funnel
- Locate the fluid reservoir cap and open it
- Locate the fill line just below the top edge of the reservoir opening, place the funnel in the opening, and pour the fluid into the reservoir until it reaches the fill line
- Replace the reservoir’s cap and close the vehicle’s hood-securing it back into place
- Place the top back on the bottle of fluid and rinse the
Our highly trained Mercedes-Benz technicians are more than capable of assisting you with all of your windshield wiper needs as is our parts department, which also carries replacement wiper blades and fluids.
If your vehicle requires more than wiper fluid, we have all of your Mercedes-Benz wiper blade replacement needs covered.
Walter’s Mercedes-Benz Service Customer Reviews:
“Walter's Mercedes-Benz of Riverside took care of all my needs in a very timely, and professional manner. The service manager is very knowledgeable and helpful.” – Jeff L.
“Walter’s is great! The main guy is the most honest mechanic I’ve ever dealt with. It’s a small shop but he knows whom to call locally to get the right parts. I hope my car never has another problem but when it does, I’ll be back :-)” – Chris F.