How to Parallel Park With Mercedes-Benz PARKTRONIC®
A pleasant driving experience is what makes a Mercedes-Benz great. Whether it’s a powerful engine under the hood, plenty of amenities dedicated to creating a comfortable ride, or the wealth of intuitive controls, this manufacturer delivers on every front. That’s why at Walter's Mercedes-Benz of Riverside, we’re excited about the latest innovation: Mercedes-Benz PARKTRONIC®!
What You Should Know
The Mercedes-Benz PARKTRONIC® seems like the stuff of sci-fi, but we assure you it’s real, available on several models. Let us give you an idea of how it works!
- Any time you’re driving under 20 MPH, Mercedes-Benz PARKTRONIC® is activated, using radar and sensors to detect a parallel parking space that’s the right size to accommodate your vehicle. Once the spot is located, your Mercedes-Benz will notify you with a “P” on the instrument cluster as well as an audible indicator.
- An arrow will appear on your display, at which point you will put your vehicle into reverse, at which point the display on your instrument cluster will confirm that you want to begin the Mercedes-Benz PARKTRONIC® process. Confirm by pressing the “OK” button on your steering wheel.
- While you control the accelerator and the brake pedal, your vehicle will take the reins, and you’ll notice the steering wheel spinning as it guides you into the parking spot. Using advanced sensors and cameras, the vehicle is measuring the distance between it and other cars as well as the curb to fit precisely into the parking spot.
- Don’t go too quickly with the gas pedal. Measure your speed as if you were parking the car yourself, and the vehicle will indicate when you should shift from drive, to reverse, and back again until it’s perfectly in the space, parked straight between two vehicles.
- The Mercedes-Benz PARKTRONIC® feature can also help you pull out of the parking spot when it’s time for you to leave, and once you take the wheel, you’ll be in control once again!
The best-kept secret among drivers is that parallel parking is their least favorite part of being a driver. The Mercedes-Benz PARKTRONIC® takes the guesswork out of a sometimes-stressful task. Contact us today to ask us about models featuring Mercedes-Benz PARKTRONIC® and come on in for a test drive!