Mercedes-Benz Battery Replacement in Riverside
If you need a Mercedes-Benz battery replacement, you’ve come to the right place. Let our Riverside Mercedes-Benz service and parts technicians assist you in picking out and installing a new car battery. Contact us to schedule a service appointment today!
Car batteries don’t always give warning signs before they fail, which is why it’s better to be proactive than to find yourself stuck. If you’re inspecting the battery yourself, make sure that the connections are clean, tight, and corrosion-free.
How to Jump Start a Car
Grab the jumper cables and follow the instructions below.
- Find a vehicle to help you with the jump
- Make sure that both cars are in “park” or “neutral” with their ignitions shut off and emergency brakes on
- Remove the caps from each vehicle’s battery and connect the cables
- Attach one of the red clips to the positive terminal on your battery and attach the other red clip to the positive terminal on the other vehicle’s battery
- Attach one of the black clips to the negative terminal on the other car’s battery and attach the other black clip to an unpainted, metal surface on your car – make sure that it isn’t near the carburetor or the battery
- Try starting your vehicle
- If your vehicle starts, thank the person for helping you and hit the road!
If the car still won’t start after jumping, then it’s probably time for a Mercedes-Benz battery replacement. If that’s the case visit our Mercedes-Benz service center in Riverside! We’re open six days and week and offer convenient hours.
Walter’s Mercedes-Benz of Riverside Service Customers:
“Our service agent has been always professional and giving timely updates regarding service status. He has never asked any unnecessary service, but always giving thorough explaining. He is a great asset in the dealer.” -Skim5383
“Have never had less than fast, pleasant and courteous service here. Their team is tops and really takes care of their clients. Scheduled appointments are always right on time and they are generous with loaner cars. Even with my older car, I am treated as an important client. All around, a class act.” – MIA