Mercedes-Benz Transmission Repair & Service in Riverside
If you’re having issues with your vehicle’s transmission, then visit us at Walter’s Mercedes-Benz of Riverside! Conveniently located in Riverside, there’s no better place to go for Mercedes-Benz transmission service and repairs.
What Are the Signs of a Bad Transmission?
The transmission in your Mercedes-Benz luxury vehicle transfers the right amount of power to your axles and wheels so you can drive at any given speed. If your transmission fails, however, you may experience a decrease in fuel economy or might not be able to drive at all! When this happens you can always turn to the knowledgeable technicians at our Mercedes-Benz service center in Riverside for expert Mercedes-Benz transmission repair and service, but it’s also important to stay vigilant for these signs of a failing transmission:
- Slipping or Delayed Engagement – A separating clutch, delay, or lack of response from your vehicle is usually a sign of transmission issues. Your Mercedes-Benz should always deliver flawless performance but if you find your ride won’t move as quickly or notice slippage while changing gears, this could mean a more serious transmission issue.
- Rough Shifting – Another big indicator of transmission issues is trouble changing gears. You may hear concerning noises when the car shifts gears and might also have trouble getting your vehicle up to speed.
- Fluid Leaks – Just like motor oil lubricates the engine, transmission fluid keeps all of the vital transmission components moving smoothly. This fluid should never leak but if you notice leak spots on your driveway or garage floor, take your vehicle to a trained mechanic for help.
- Transmission Warning Light – An indicator light alone may not necessarily mean you have a transmission problem but could point to an issue under the hood. It’s always a good idea to have it diagnosed by a professional.
How Long Does a Transmission Usually Last?
According to the experts at our Mercedes-Benz service center, a typical automatic transmission should last around 150,000 to 200,000 miles–that comes out to roughly seven years of use. The exact time and mileage you can expect to get out of your transmission, however, will depend on how you drive and use or abuse your Mercedes-Benz. Owners who take proper care of their luxury vehicle and regularly service their transmission can expect their Mercedes-Benz vehicle’s transmission to last longer than those who intentionally ignore the well-being of their transmission. Below you’ll find some tips, best practices, and recommendations from our team of certified Mercedes-Benz technicians to help you get the most out of your transmission.
How Can I Ensure That I Get the Most Out of My Transmission?
- Regularly Service Your Transmission: Our Riverside Mercedes-Benz service center recommends that you service your transmission every 40,000 miles or four years. Each Mercedes-Benz vehicle is different so be sure to consult your owner’s manual for more details and information.
- Service Your Engine’s Cooling System: In addition to lubricating vital components, transmission fluid also helps prevent your engine from overheating. Check fluid levels often to ensure your Mercedes-Benz vehicle runs smoothly.
- Practice Good Driving: Did you know the way that you drive also plays a part in the lifespan of your transmission? Keep these tips in mind the next time you’re out on the road:
- Avoid aggressive driving. Accelerating and decelerating too quickly can strain your transmission.
- Give your engine and transmission time to warm up before you begin driving. This allows your transmission fluid time to thin and properly lubricate all of its intricate moving parts.
- Don’t shift gears while your Mercedes-Benz is in motion. It may be tempting to make a speedy three-point turn or quickly switch into drive while backing out a parking space, but this can damage your Mercedes-Benz vehicle’s internal gears. Ensure your ride comes to a complete stop before changing gears.
Is Transmission Repair Covered Under My Mercedes-Benz Warranty?
Does your Mercedes-Benz luxury vehicle need transmission service? Never fear, transmission repair is covered under the Mercedes-Benz Extended Limited Warranty! The Mercedes-Benz Extended Limited Warranty is an extension of the original Mercedes-Benz New Vehicle Limited Warranty and offers greater protection to ensure your luxury vehicle can keep on rolling on the streets of Riverside for many more years to come. This warranty also includes the legendary support of the Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance program for complete peace of mind on the road.
If you notice any of the symptoms of a failing transmission listed above, bring your vehicle to Walter’s Mercedes-Benz of Riverside. Our expert technicians will inspect the problem and take care of any issues efficiently. Contact us online to learn more about our services or to schedule a service appointment at our Mercedes-Benz dealer in Riverside.
Visit Walter’s Mercedes-Benz of Riverside for Transmission Repair & More
No matter your maintenance or repair needs, you can count on the team at Walter’s Mercedes-Benz of Riverside to get the job done right the first time!
We also offer competitively priced maintenance services completed with genuine OEM replacement parts along with an array of Mercedes-Benz service specials for our drivers in Riverside and the surrounding areas to enjoy.
“Our service rep was very helpful in helping us to have the necessary repair works on our old SLK 230 done. Total estimate came to more than we could afford comfortably all at once. So, he summoned the mechanic in charge to the desk and helped us prioritize the repairs so that we could split the recommended works in two sessions. He has always helped us to keep our other Mercedes in excellent condition.” – SLK Guy (DealerRater)